Home Care Services for Seniors in Elgin, TX and Surrounding Areas
Compassionate Home Care Wherever You Call Home
Lutra Home Care brings compassionate and exceptional home care services for seniors in Elgin, TX and surrounding areas. We have experience in navigating the often complex nature of the personal and medical needs of an elderly loved one. We will work with you to develop an individualized plan to meet those needs, whether they be long or short-term needs. You can rest easy knowing that we deliver outstanding care with the utmost respect and empathy. The safety and wellbeing of the people you love are in the capable hands of Lutra Home Care.
Our team of professional caregivers and nurses are on-call, around the clock, to provide exceptional in-home care services. Our family portal allows you to access you monitor your loved one’s schedule and communicate with the Lutra Home Care team, whether you live near or far.
Completing everyday tasks can be difficult to complete as people age. We promote independence and only step in to help with daily tasks when they are needed. Our goal is to assist your loved one in aging in place as long as they desire to do so.
Our Lutra caregivers have a passion for helping and a talent for providing care with empathy and compassion. For example, they can help your loved one with these activities (among many):
- Connecting with family and friends through email and social media
- Letter writing and mailing
- Their favorite hobbies
- Healthy exercise (both home programs from therapist and informal activities, such as walking or swimming)
- Brain games, such as crosswords, word finds, etc.
- Running errands and providing transportation to and from their medical appointments and social events.
- Cooking meals
- Light housekeeping
Our caregivers build a connection with their clients and learn their interests and preferences. This builds a wonderful partnership, allowing us to support your loved one physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Each client is at a different point of needing assistance with personal hygiene. Our personal care services emphasize dignity, privacy, and respect as we assist them with their hygiene, ambulation, and safety.
Our caregivers are trained to handle these everyday tasks:
- Incontinence care
- Transfer equipment (hoyer or sit-to-stand)
- Ambulation aids (walker, cane, wheelchair)
We understand the challenges of personal care at different functional levels, and will cater to these needs with respect, empathy, and compassion.
Lutra Home Care also provides professional nursing services for your loved one’s medical needs, as directed by a physician, such as:
- Managing medications (refills and medication reminders)
- General monitoring of health status
- Wound care
- Management of indwelling catheters (Foley, suprapubic)
- Changing PICC line dressings
- Administer and maintain feeding tubes (g-tube, NG tube, peg tube)
- Preparing and administering intravenous drug therapy
- End of life care in partnership with hospice services
Our nursing centers around compassion. We are able to deliver this with exemplary service and professional skills.
Case Management Services
When something changes with your loved one’s health, there are many moving pieces to manage. Our team can coordinate care during transitions such as hospital discharge planning.
Monthly Medication Management
A nurse will make weekly visits to fill medi-planner, manage refills, and coordinate between physicians regarding changes. As loved ones need change, alternative medication delivery systems can be assessed, such as automatic dispensers.
Compassionate Home Care Services for Seniors in Elgin
We accept private pay, long-term care insurance, and Veterans aide and attendance benefits though a contract with Veterans Home Care. We are not in network with any private insurance companies, but can provide services if your insurance company will enter into an out of network agreement.